Friday, November 6, 2009

My Daughter Amber and I at the Beach!

Guess which one of us doesn't do the beach much! The hint would be motorcycle boots, long pants and an insulated long sleeve top! Bingo! I never was much for sand, surf and sun; it's nice to visit but wouldn't want to live there. Always have preferred the mountains and snow/cooler weather over anything else. Trips like this AWSOM ride are always a cool opportunity for me to visit some places for shorter periods before getting back home to the mountains, though after this trip I realize what we call the "Pocono Mountains" aren't really mountains in the strictest sense! Have had a great visit with my daughter Amber and new son-in-law John in Pensacola,Florida but the road beckons? Plus, when your daughter does your wash, folds your clothes and lays them out for you it may be a hint that the newlyweds are ready for Dad to migrate North! I've visited 30 states in the US, 2 states in Mexico, travelled 8,800 miles so far but still have 18 more states to visit and who knows how many more miles before getting home? I'm scheduled to be back at work by November 16 so we'll sign off for tonight and get some rest before our return leg starts! Don't forget the AWSOM ribbon-cutting at the soon to be open animal shelter is Friday November 13 and I'd like to be home for that!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment