Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My View for Much of Today!

This morning dawned crisp(about 42 degrees) and clear with a faraway train whistle reminding me to travel! Also hearing lots of Canada geese overhead starting their southbound migration! Our fundraising flamingo though is headed west 1st to try to beat the bad weather in the Rockies. However we spent most of today driving very carefully in the rain and the attached picture shows the view from the drivers seat! Hit Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin and Iowa today in 510 miles, mostly rainy though as I look at the pictures you'd never know how much it rained. Skies look clear in many pics! Took Lakeshore Drive through Chicago and drove past the Naval Training Center at Great Lakes in North Chicago where I did my basic training and started my navy nuke power program! Bet most of you never realized I started to train as a nuclear reactor operator for submarines, but poor color perception kept me off the control panel(thankfully!) Went to college and veterinary school after the navy enlistment ended prematurely due to "color deficiency"! Passed out lots of postcards for AWSOM along the way! No actual donations today but planting lots of seeds to germinate in the minds of animal lovers along the way!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Your raingear is getting a real workout!! Be safe!! I had to make a 911 call this am for a motorcycle accident on 220 near the old Don Breon site. Love, Dinah

    ReplyDelete