Thursday, October 8, 2009

Taking Toto into Kansas!

Yes, I did finally name my travelling companion after 4 days of grunting at our Fundraising Flamingo Fly-By member. Actually came up with the name Toto after we left Kansas. Yes Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore. Sorry for the poor image but it was raining pretty good and the Kansas state line was smack in the middle of a very busy bridge over the Missouri River and 2 lanes were closed for construction so I swerved the bike behind the traffic barriers and made it quick! Didn't have time to whip out the iPhone for the immediate post but was also not wanting to get the iPhone wet! Neat little town of Brownville just across the river and then went to Oregon, Peru and Amazonia for the sign photo-opportunities. Everyone always makes fun of my sign photos but so far Jeep used one of my images in a print ad in National Geographic Adventurer magazine. The sign was a street sign of Adventure Road and they even paid for the shot, not much tho'. Lots of postcards and conversation today. Most people wonder why I travel alone and I explain that a solo traveller is much more approachable for people than a group travelling together. Plus I obviously like making my own schedule, stopped early tonite to do laundry. Been wearing the same clothes since Sunday, but never see the same people twice!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for changing the clothes and supporting the local laundrymat! Toto was complaining about the smell.

    ReplyDelete